I hope you all are continuing to enjoy the regular blog posts on my website!
When I meet with patients to discuss nutrition programs, food sensitivities or diet plans, I routinely get asked the question “What do you eat Doctor C?” I reply that I eat three meals per day spaced about four to four and half hours apart (to avoid reactive hypoglycemia) with snacks before or after an intense workout. For more on the importance of balancing blood sugars throughout the day, check out this blog article.
I am looking forward to periodically sharing my nutritional crusades with you featuring easy to cook, healthy, nutrient-packed meals.
Here’s a powerpacked, supercharged mostly paleo breakfast:
- ½ cup cooked oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raw unfiltered honey
- 1 handful of raw organic dried mulberries
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil drizzled over avocado
- pinch of grey course sea salt
- 2 grass fed/grass finished Italian breakfast sausages from U.S. Wellness Meats (www.grasslandbeef.com)
- 1 handful raw unsalted macadamia nuts
Have a great day!